St. Anne's Episcopal Church - Annapolis
St. Anne’s Episcopal Church in Annapolis, Maryland is steeped in history. The first appropriations for St. Anne's were allocated in 1695. The present church is the third structure. It was built in 1858 in the Romanesque Revival style, and incorporated a portion of the old tower. The Freiburger Orgelbau Organ was installed in the late 1970s. It is a 47 rank tracker organ with three manuals and pedal.
In 2004, Al Murrell of R.A. Daffer Church Organs was contacted by Earnie Green, Director of Music at St. Anne’s, to discuss adding some digital stops, mostly in the pedal, swell and choir divisions. Earnie and his committee met with various vendors who were capable of performing this work. After a field trip to Baltimore’s Cathedral of the Incarnation to listen to the Rodgers pipe/digital organ installed there, the committee decided that Rodgers would be their choice to provide the 10 digital stops for their organ. To be historically correct, ten matching drawknobs were built to match the existing drawknob. The new additions include a 32' Untersatz, 32' Contra Bombarde, 16' Principal and 4' Choral Bass in the pedal - 8' Flute Celeste and full reed chorus in the Swell - 8' Harmonic Flute II and 8' Festival Trumpet in the Positiv and a real Zymbelstern.