Hamilton Square Baptist Church is located one block from the heart of San Francisco’s municipal center at the corner of Geary and Franklin streets. The current building, dating back to 1948, is a 26,000 square foot facility of beautiful Spanish architecture with an award winning courtyard of scenic gardens and a fountain.
It all began in 1881 as Zion Baptist Church. The membership grew rapidly and changed locations and buildings several times before settling in its present location. It has been blessed with a number of prominent Pastors, including the present Pastor, Dr. David C. Innes, who was appointed in 1977.